PTCB Mission Statement
The Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) develops, maintains, promotes and administers a high-quality certification and recertification program for pharmacy technicians. The PTCB provides first-rate programs and services that offer pharmacy technicians an opportunity to demonstrate that they have mastered knowledge and skills across practice settings. Through the PTCB program, pharmacy technicians are able to work more effectively with pharmacists to offer better patient care and service.
PTCB Vision and Goal:
The Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) supports the national credentialing of pharmacy technicians across practice settings. By demonstrating mastery of knowledge and skills through the PTCB certification, pharmacy technicians are able to work more effectively with pharmacists.
The positive interaction of the pharmacist/pharmacy technician team is critical to the delivery of pharmaceutical care in today's health-care environment; the pharmacy employer, pharmacist, pharmacy technician and patient all benefit from this special relationship. The better qualified the pharmacy technician, the higher the quality of care this team may bring to the patient, and the greater the value they bring to the pharmacy. The PTCB believes that Certified Pharmacy Technicians (CPhTs) are the best support for pharmacists by providing assistance with functions that ensure safe, accurate and efficient medication use but do not require the judgment of a licensed pharmacist.
The PTCB national program establishes the value of the certification process for the pharmacy technicians, employers, pharmacists and patients. The PTCB certification provides solutions to the challenges of pharmacy practice across practice settings. In pursuing its goals, the PTCB will:
1. Provide high standards for the certification of pharmacy technicians.
2. Provide high standards for the certification of pharmacy technicians.
3. Support the Pharmacist-Certified Pharmacy Technician team concept to advance patient care.
4. Conducts research and document the value of the CPhT credential.
5. Facilitate consensus within the profession on pharmacy technician issues.
6. Plan and lead public relations' strategies on pharmacy technician certification that reflect PTCB's role as a nationally recognized certifying body.
7. Provide timely information resources related to the PTCB certification program and the role of the pharmacy technician.
How to prepare for PTCB exam?
1. Pharmacy technician review guides and cd roms at pharmacy exam.
2. Take Pre-Pharmacy Technician Exam offered by PTCB
PTCB Exam Blue Print: