Rexulti (Brexpiprazole) is indicated for: [Select ALL THAT APPLY].
Answer: b, e
The active ingredient found in Rexulti is Brexpiprazole. It is available as tablets (0.25 mg, 0.5 mg, 1 mg, 2 mg, 3 mg, and 4 mg).
The recommended dose is 0.5 to 3 mg per day once daily with or without food.
The mechanism of action of Brexpiprazole in the treatment of major depressive disorder or schizophrenia is unknown. However, the efficacy of Brexpiprazole may be mediated through a combination of partial agonist activity at serotonin 5-HT1A and dopamine D2 receptors, and antagonist activity at serotonin 5-HT2A receptors.
Rexulti (Brexpiprazole) is an atypical antipsychotic indicated for:
1. Use as an adjunctive therapy to antidepressants for the treatment of major depressive disorder (MDD).
2. Treatment of schizophrenia
1. Moderate to Severe Hepatic Impairment (Child-Pugh score ≥7): Maximum recommended dosage is 2 mg once daily for patients with MDD and 3 mg once daily for patients with schizophrenia.
2. Moderate, Severe or End-Stage Renal Impairment (ClCr<60 mL/minute): Maximum recommended dosage is 2 mg once daily for patients with MDD and 3 mg once daily for patients with schizophrenia.
3. Known CYP2D6 Poor Metabolizers: Reduce the usual dosage by half.
Weight gain and akathisia are commonly reported side effects of the drug.
Try our Naplex QBank. www.pharmacyexam.com